Saturday, May 11, 2024

Friday With Christina. A Night Of Laughs....

 Last night,  I joined Christina on an adventure to see a comedian.   This was the first time I have ever seen a live comedian.   And the first time I ever went out with Christina without a chaperone. ( Or "Lion Tamer"  so to say....) I must admit... I was prepared for a crazy night...  

 To those who may not remember...  Christina is kind of like a puppy dog mixed with a bottle of lightning!   Dangerous!  But lovable and cute.    You may sum that all up into one word: "Fun"...  Unless you don't like police, vandalism, rowdy comedian heckling, or night driving.   I'll admit,  several of those things are not on my "Fun list." 

 But I did have fun.   Well,  more fun than "non-fun."   Scratch that!  thinking back.. it was rather fun...  I just don't think I could handle it as an every day thing.   And I will admit up front that I will be embellishing things slightly to make it more blog-worthy.  ( Meaning: things were not THAT crazy.. )  

 To start:  My internet map gave out a mile into the trip to her apartment.   Meaning: I got lost.   I was only a half mile away from her location, but the construction and lack of GPS meant I was driving in circles.    Not the best start.  But I found her after she came out and flagged me down.   

  After a quick tour of the apartment; The backstory of all of the neighbors; and a bite to eat....  We headed out for the show.  The show was thought to star at 7 P.M. giving us only an hour to get there.  It was the same location as the one Dave and I visited to see 38 Special and War.  Christina knew the way, so we agreed she should drive.  ( Or she did not trust the Subie....)  

 Upon arrival,  We learned that the event did not begin until 8.  Giving us plenty of time to chug a beer in the car in preparation.  ( A ritual I learned from Dave.)  I'm thinking that the comedians enjoy performing in front of slightly inebriated people better than stone sober folks.  I know I tend to laugh at things more easily after a beer or two.  

 With all of the construction in Waukegan, wouldn't you know that there was a patch of fresh cement on the sidewalk.  I should have never pointed it out, because Christina took full advantage of the uncured material. Good thing there were no police around...   Wait!   What is she doing????

 The Tickets were free, by the way.   And for this reason,  Christina had the money to spend for a one on one meet and greet with the Comedian.  I waited a bit while she got the picture,  and then we called it for the night.  

  It was late when we got back.  Way past my bed time!   So I jumped right into Subie and headed home.   Christina had to work the next day at 7 A.M....  So she went right to sleep as well.   

Overall,  A fun  night without being arrested.   I consider that a success!  

 Other than that,  I found a few more Aspen Oyster mushrooms on my run this afternoon.  I did Laundry,  worked out for nearly 3 hours!  And I completed 500 pushups today!  (I only got 400 this morning, but finished up the last 100 this evening after Church.  Still!  I consider that an achievement.  

And now I have to run tomorrow early.  Best sign off on this blog post and prepare for tomorrow.    Because life is short and every second counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...