Saturday, May 18, 2024

A Three Day Weekend.. With Subie and Nature!

 The Zebras had Monday off in the form of their annual "Z" day.   Yeah!   A three days weekend for us lowly warehouse workers is always welcome!   


So what did I do with my new found free time?  Why..  Fix the Subaru's Brakes! 


They have been squeaking for a while now and I finally had the time to do them properly.    All they needed were new brake pads.  And Easy fix!   

Still, it is nice to have plenty of time to fix them properly rather than have an unforeseen issue arise and ruin your Subie experience.  Overall,  things went together well and I did not have too much of a struggle.   And the squeak is gone.    Looks like I caught the problem before it became a REAL problem.  

Other than that,   I also fixed Dave's KIA brake light,  we recharged the battery and got the Truck started,  and I got to play Cribbage with Ellie and Dave in the afternoon.   

Today,  I went on a nature walk in the Hawthorne Hallow nature preserve.   A small privately owned nature walk on some property near a wetland.   I heard there were mushrooms there, but only found a couple Dryad Saddles.  

I also found a nice bunch of Chinese Garlic Onions!  I brought some home and we might chop them up and put them into something later.   Having wild foraged onions is kind of novel.   They taste a lot like chives... A mild onion flavor.   

Other than that,  I have tomorrow to get ready for the next week.   I guess we have next Monday off this coming weekend... meaning we have two back to back three day weekends!   How cool is that?  We just have to make it to Friday....  

Short blog post this week.   I still have to do my Onboarding for Shoreland and a few other things.  I'm also shopping for a new Subaru.   I'm not feeling confident that Silver Bullet Subie will make it to the 400,000 mile marker safely.   He has been giving me plenty of warning signs that he is getting old and should maybe retire.   So I don't want to let him down by waiting for him to let me down...if that makes sense.   It is a bitter sweet task trying to find his replacement... but I know it has to be done someday.   Because every second counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...