Saturday, December 30, 2023

Turning The Corner On The Flu. Preparing for 2024.

I may have mis-labeled my little illness yesterday by calling it a "cold."   I'm pretty sure I had some version of the Flu.   One co-worker even suggested that it might be a new strain of COVID.  Whatever is was... I'm feeling better now.   I was still feeling bad this morning, but at least I felt good enough to eat some frosted mini-wheats. 
More like the flu...

I even had some coffee!   (which ended up bad, because having no caffeine for two days then drinking nearly an entire pot made me feel dizzy, nauseated....And run for the bathroom!)   But having survived that ordeal,  I now deem myself "Most Likely to Survive"  and will now focus on my end of the year blog post. 

I may have mentioned this in a previous post, but one of the perks of keeping a blog is that you have an accurate record of the events of the previous year.  ( With pictures!  If you remembered to take and post them....)  A happy balance has to happen, though,  if you want  the meaningful events to shine through and all of the fluff to be sifted away.   I found this with those people who managed to post  on their blog EVERY DAY!  ( How was that even possible?  Kudos to them!)  Many of their posts were about daily routines and pictures of flowers or birds from around their yard.   And as much as I respect that dedication to posting a "little something" everyday.... It was very easy to lose the really interesting things that occur less frequently. 

All those pretty mushrooms in one picture...

And so it goes that I posted anywhere from 5 to 10 posts per month this last year.   (Which isn't bad...) And of those,  I have only a handful of events that I plan on mentioning.  To save space, I will probably work on making a collage of various pictures so I don't have to try to cram them in where they make no sense.   OR having all of my mushroom pictures being represented by one single pic.   ( How could I possibly choose the perfect one that represents them all?)   But we shall save that for tomorrow...

In the mean time,  I managed to do my laundry and have the energy to actually work on the latest fish.  It is funny even now, thinking just how weak I was that I could not work on my project for even a few minutes.   I was able to make some real progress this afternoon while listening to ELO and Frank Sinatra.   Once of the perks with having the house to myself is I can play my favorite music as loud as I want. Though, Dave has similar tastes in Music, so it is not really that much of a stretch.  Still,  Music is similar to clothes...  Everyone has their own shape and styles that they gravitate towards.   And no taylor-made suit fits the same.  

I was also able to watch a movie this afternoon.   The first episode of "The Blue Eyed Samurai"   It is a series on Netflix and I am hooked after the first Episode.  I hear there is a second season already.  But I will be happy if I can find a second episode to watch without subscribing to Netflix.  

Beautifully done!  Story driven.   Wonderfully animated. With Professional voice actors.  ( I read George Takei is one of the more famous voices on the list. Think: Star Trek) I'm looking forward to continuing the story.  

And that is all for now.   Now I begin the work to try to cram in a years worth of blog posts into a single entry.   I read last year's year end wrap up... And boy was I wrong!   That is what I get for trying to predict the future.   But it is good to remain optimistic when thinking about events that have not yet unfolded. Pessimism stunts your growth and limits your opportunities.  And opportunities do not come around everyday.  Because Life is Short!  And ever second counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...