Sunday, September 24, 2023

A Busy Week In Review.

 IT was a busy week last week.  I traveled to Iowa on Friday.  Worked on Saturday!  Ran 15.5 miles today!  And Still managed to get to Church... albeit about 6 minutes late.   Hey!  I ran as fast as I could. 

This week there was lots of rain...  Which made for some pretty cool sun rises.   I even managed to capture a rainbow in the early morning hours.   Kind of symbolic of the week... on a personal note.   A silver lining, a colorful end to an otherwise hectic week....   You get the picture.  (especially if you read Friday's blog post.)

In addition tot he rainbows and fiery skies,  I managed to find more than a few Mushrooms.   And that is always exciting!  Especially this time of year.   For Fall is the beginning of the late season mushrooms.   And I was wonderfully surprised when Joan,

Fresh! And yummy!

a co-worker at the Zebra,  graced me with a perfectly fresh Hen Of The Woods.(Maitake Mushroom!)  I had a sample of it this morning with my eggs.   It was SOOOO  good,  I didn't need any salt or seasoning for it.  Texture of Broccoli,  taste of fresh meaty mushrooms, and health benefits for your Endocrine System.   What is not to love?

Popcorn Shrimp!

I was so excited with the gift on Saturday, that I went out to look for more in the Petrified Springs.  I didn't find any Maitake, but I did find some Shrimp of the Woods (Aborted Enteloma) 

Lavender Gills!

and Blewits!( Lepista Nuda) And I'm sure there are more mushrooms out there to find, but currently, I'm trying to recover from the long run I did this morning.  

Which leaves very little energy and time for Laundry and other things.... Like finishing the Fish painting.   Ahh,   the Fish.   How long has it been?   Where does the time go?   Why do my projects take so long whenever I have a Job?   Sometimes I miss the glory days of unemployment.  But having some regular form of income is kind of nice sometimes.   

Speaking of which, I have to take the Car to the mechanic tomorrow. ( er... Tonight, actually!)  To get the rack and pinion steering replaced.  I have the parts, I just need a pro to install it for me.   I'm hoping it will not take too long and that there will be no unforeseen complications. 

And that is all.   I have a big weekend coming up again, so hopefully, I will be able to catch up on some things during the week.   Speaking of things.. I think my Laundry is finally finished and now has to be moved to the dryer.   So I had better cut this blog post short.   On a weekend that has been cut in half... Ever second counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...