That is right! I have been invited by Dave. ( remember Dave?). He lives in Ontario now. And I get to spend the next couple of days with him checking out his new digs.
I ain't gonna lie... It is a bit of a Culture Shock here! I'm not sure if it is the people or the City! I have been in big cities before.... but this is right up there with Boston. Lotaris of Traffic and people. More people than I'm used to. And I live in the heart of Kenosha! ( A city I deem as "just the right size". for my taste. I guess it is all in what you get used to. I can immagine that there are people who come from large cities such and chicago or boston or Toronto and they are shocked by small town america. Everyone has their world that they have grown up with.
That being said, it took just over 12 hours to get here. (I lost two hours in Chicago... Stupid Traffic). and I arrived late at night. I got to sleep in and we did a small tour around the city today.
We enjoyed some Thai Food and walked around a couple of the local parks.
This is the first time I think I have ever seen Lake Ontario! Of all the Great Lakes, This is the last one that I have now officially visited. Imagine that.
Not much to really report, other than it is an entirely different body of water from Lake Michigan or Lake Supperior. ( the two I most often visit) It is large, and looks awefully similar to those lakes... from the shore. I have yet to fish them and find out if the fishing is better or worse.
IN the mean time, We did a little beach combing and walked aournd the breakwall. I noticed a Mink! Just sitting there sunning himself. I could not believe that he was therewith all these people walking around, but there he was...looking cute and adorable. I know better than to try to pet one, since they are members of the weezle family and will tear up your hand the moment you reach for them. He disappeared inbeteween the rocks shortly after I got his picture. So Cute!
There are a LOT of ethnicities here. Not a huge surprize in a city this large. But if you are only used to seeing Italian, mexican and black people from America, it can be something you note. So far, everyone has been wonderful and polite. Just like the Canada I remember from all those years ago.
There are Storms Predicted for tomorrow, so I'm not sure what we will be up to then. There was a hope that we might be able to do a little mushroom hunting in a park near here. Dave says it is similar to Petrified Springs in Kenosha. Weather permitting, we shall see. And Hopefully... Find something.
There is more to say about this, but currently I am on Dave's Laptop and I do not have a lot of access to my normal set up. So I will cut this short and hopefully make everything a little more polished when I have the time. And my own Computer. With Pictures!
In the mean time.... We shall try to make every seocnd count.
No comments:
Post a Comment