Saturday, August 15, 2026

Mushrooms And Fish.

Where is the time going?  I honestly had plans on blogging mid week!   And now it is already the weekend!   Time flies at the Haribo!  

I guess that is a good thing... unless you are given only a few weeks to live.   Then I guess I would rather wait in Line behind  two elderly ladies in Hobby Lobby...  

Each with three carts filled with unmarked goods.  Everything is on sale, but with different prices for each section of the store.  Each lady has a phone that they  are trying to use while simultaneously trying to talk to someone else on the other line.  

It's the cashiers first day at the job... And she doesn't speak English!   (That is when time stops!) That would extend my life indefinitely!  

But until that happens,  I feel I will be aging in the fast lane while I work at Haribo. 

In reality,  the job actually allows me to enter the "Flow State" where time feels like water and I'm gliding through  with a current assisting me.   Time disappears and I suddenly realize 4 hours have passed and I have not taken my first break!   Before long,  I have one hour to squeeze in my lunch before I have to punch out!   It has been a long time since I have had a job like that.   And it is Awesome!  

The only problem is that the weeks fly by and I feel like my own personal time is diminished.   The few hours I have before work in the morning is spent drinking coffee and petting the cat.  (And fighting the urge to sit in my comfy chair and relax.   Finding my Zen in the morning sun....

And realizing I have a very small window for blog time. 


But enough about that!  I have already dedicated several paragraphs as an intro...( That is what happens when I go off on a rant/tangent...)  Time to get into the things I found blog-worthy this week: 

With the constant damp weather we have been having,   I figured it might be a good time to take a peek at Pets to see if any mushrooms have been popping up.    I was expecting Chanterelles and Russulas.   Perhaps a Bolete or two... 

But instead I found MORE Chickens!  

A couple logs with several nice fruiting bodies on them.   One was a little old,  but the other ones were nice and fresh!  I still have an entire ziploc bag  of Chickens from Michigan!   So what the heck am I going to do with these?   

Well,  I gave some away to one of the guys at Haribo.   I was planning on Giving some to Christina... If she is ever available. but mostly I have been eating it for my lunch.   I fry some up and sprinkle it on a salad I make.   Tastes like a mushroom chicken salad!  ( As you might think....)  

I still have a lot in the fridge,  and I have been watching Youtube videos on how to preserve it.  Because after a week,  it will begin to go bad.   ( And it has already been a week with the ones I found in Michigan!)  I guess you simply cut them into small strips and fry them up before freezing them.   And then thaw them out whenever you want some.   

Or you can cook them into a soup... Freeze that!  That will last up to a year, I guess.   

Whatever the way, I plan on doing something tomorrow,  as I have to work at Haribo today.   I Swapped this Saturday with a Co-worker so she will take mine next week. The plan is to travel to Canada and visit Dave for the weekend.   See what that part of the Great North is all about...   Hopefully,  it will provide me with a few pics to blog about. 

I also went fishing at the Pond on Wednesday.   There was a small window of "no rain" and I figured I would take out the Kayak and see what I could catch.   It was overcast and rather humid.  ( Foggy!)   And I only caught one decent sized Bluegill.    I could have possibly stayed longer, but the water was murky and the air felt just a little "off" for me.   Perhaps I will try again next week.  

But the good news is I was able to dust off the Kayak and take it out.   This was the first time this year!   And I set my expectations low, so next time I will hook up all the bells and whistles to see how they perform before the season changes.  I still have to replace all of those fish we ate up last weekend!  

Then again,  My freezer will probably be full of Mushrooms, so I will find the freezer space limited.  

Ahhh..... Problems. Problems...  

And not the bad kind.  


Tomorrow is already looking to be a busy day.   Church, Laundry, Kayak Maintenance, House Cleaning...  And Hopefully finishing the Cat Tree.   I'll be impressed if I can fit it all in and not take a break for a nap.  As far as running goes:   I have done none this week!   The weather tells me it is going to rain and so I skip out.  Not to mention I lack the time.   

Not the run time!  Just the time it takes to get motivated to run.  It takes me nearly an hour to wake up, drink coffee, and psych myself up to get out there and do it!   


So now,  this blog post is finally written and I can now plan look forward to going right to work.  Each post takes me several hours to write and edit.  ( And even then, I still find mistakes that slip by...)  I knew that blogging before work would be a challenge,  but when else am I to squeeze it in?  Time is so precious...  And and there is simply not enough of it sometimes.   So I have to make every second count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mushrooms And Fish.

Where is the time going?  I honestly had plans on blogging mid week!   And now it is already the weekend!   Time flies at the Haribo!   I gu...