Friday, April 5, 2024

My Weekend Adventure!

 And I'm off!  To my Great Adventure in Southern Illinois and Indiana!   I kicked off the weekend with some brews and conversation at the clubhouse with some friends and coworkers.   The Clubhouse was much quieter this "Thirsty Thursday" as compared to last Thursday.  (Funeral at a bar?   Who other than the Irish do such a thing?)  It was a nice evening to wrap up the work week. 

Today!  I'm traveling to Springfield, IL to prepare for the Lincoln Half Marathon.   I think I'm trained at least enough to complete it.   I doubt I will be breaking any records.  Then again,  breaking records was never my goal.  Staying healthy and completing it with a decent time is all I seek.  That means not being dead last.. ( That would suck!)  I'm looking forward to the beer,  comradery and maybe some of the bling.  


And lastly,  I will be traveling to Indianapolis to watch the great Solar Eclipse!  I have my glasses and plan on taking my computer so I can hopefully blog about the experience.   I'm hoping that this event will reveal something to me at the end of it.   The secrets of the universe,  space travel,  magical hero powers...  Who knows?  Maybe just something I can add to my list of things that I have seen or done in my life.   Another experience that is rare and only a few select people get to see or do.   Because of all the things that you may own in your life,   only the experiences of life are the things that you can truly take with you every where you go.   And life is short!   So make every second count....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...