Sunday, March 31, 2024

A Busy Easter

A quick post because it is late....  Happy Easter!  He Is Risen!  I'm not sure why there seems to be more of that this year than in previous years.    Usually cute bunnies and colorful Easter eggs grace Facebook and the internet.  Or perhaps it is just my perspective.   But in any case,   I hope the message is sent out loud and clear: The real meaning of Easter.



After Church,  I managed to start my latest fish.   I will give you a hint  later in this posting as to what kind of fish I have in mind.   Otherwise, it does not look like much at the moment.   If I have time later during this week, I will slowly build on it as before.   Hopefully,   with the size being reasonable, I will be able to complete it in less time than it took me to complete the bluegill.   We shall see.  

While waiting for that to dry,   I worked on my latest V.A.S Achievement Badge.  I have now successfully completed all of the V.A.S. stations and now am a valued member of the team.   I still might have to work on other certifications.. like batteries or Soldering. But for now,  I have most of the V.A.S system down.    And I have the badge to prove it!

While waiting for the badge to finish, I also worked on the V.A.S. Dragon stand commemorating the year 2024.    The Year of the Dragon!  I used to hide little cardboard doodles like this all around the warehouse back in the day when I had more freedom.  But now,  being in the cage most of the day,  I rarely get to leave my little sayings in the racks.   My hope was that they would cheer up the pickers or Inventory as they drudged around the endless rows of boxes.   At least a few of the people have mentioned that they miss them.   It is amazing what you can do with just a few highlighters and cardboard dividers...

 And lastly,  I put up the pictures that Helen gave me.   Ever since Jerry died,  she has been donating his stuff to anyone who will use it. 
  ( Or people who shared his passions.)  I scored 4 VERY NICE fly fishing rods. 
  And a belt sander that Jerry had repurposed for sharpening knives it was just like the one I had in my shop back in the old carving days.  And I used it for the same thing!   Now that I have Jerry's old one,  I sharpened all of the knives in the house to a dangerously sharp edge.   It took hardly any time. 




 



I also put up the two pictures she gave me.  If you can ID the fish,  that might give you a hint as to my next project 

Next weekend will be busy.   I have a race;  Will see Cheryl;  and plan on seeing the Solar Eclipse.  All of that will happen beginning Friday... 
So I just have to make it till then.  ( Hurray for Mondays!)  In the mean time....  I best get to sleep early because tomorrow comes quick....  And every second counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...