Saturday, March 30, 2024

A Free Saturday!

 I may have mentioned in my last post that Saturday would be a working day.   Zebra has been threatening us all week that we would have to work "Mandatory Overtime!"  They were wrong!  An entire week of straw dogs and paper tigers...  And kicking the hornets nest of Employees who wanted a full free weekend for Easter.   Sometimes I think the Zebra Culture is under new management....  But that is a rabbit hole I don't want to go down just yet. 


For me... Today!   I managed to do laundry,  work out, and Run 12.5 miles again!   Luckily,  the rain held off while I was out there.  I'm rather tired at the moment.   So everything after the run has been a chore just to get started.  My joints ache all over.   And I have a half Marathon next week!   At least I have a certain level of confidence that I will be able to finish it.  

After the Marathon,  I plan on traveling to Indianapolis for the viewing of the Total Solar Eclipse that is happening in Monday,  April 8th. I recently purchased my viewing glasses from Walmart. ( I missed them the first time...  They were right by the entrance! Go figure!  Walked right by them....)  So I will hopefully be able to see the last solar eclipse event that will be happening in my lifetime. ( I think..... Maybe just for those people living in the US.... and not Alaska. See map.)  

That being said... I am very excited to be viewing history.   Especially since I missed it in 2017. ( I can't remember the reason we could not travel 100 miles to see it in Missouri.)  Fingers crossed that all goes well this time and I am allowed to see it.  And the Stars in their true location

Other than that...  The rest of the week in Review:   I finished the Ryujin.   I now have to make a sign/stand for VAS so they can display it properly.   Right before they throw it away, I'm sure.   But it was fun making it so once I give it away, they can do with it as they like.  

I also went out with several co-workers to the Clubhouse. 
  It was rather disappointing, since they were holding a FUNERAL at the bar on Thursday.   They place was PACKED with inappropriately dressed people crowding the bar and being very loud.    For months, I have been talking about the bar as a nice quiet place to enjoy a few beers, good food and some conversation.   But Thirsty Thursday was an anomaly.   On the bright side....  We managed to get three people to join us!   Hurray!   Joan from Outbound,  Marion from Inbound and Lakiesha, who is one of the recent hires.   We enjoyed the conversation as best we could until the yelling became overwhelming.  We all agreed to cut our losses and make it a short visit.   There is always next week...

After my run today, I took a trip out to Shoreland High school to see the effects the rain was having on the proposed wetland project.   I took some pictures of the "flash Flooding" that happens when the rain pours down for more than a sprinkle.  As you can see...  The ditches fill with water and begin a temporary river that floods the fields and lawns of the locals.   

And most people can clearly see that it comes from the High school!   Just kidding...  Though the High School is in the background,  the real culprit is the farmland just down the road.   Those fields flood and send all that water into the soccer/football field.  Which flows down between houses and into the baseball field.   Hopefully,   with the wetland project on the books,  they will be able to solve that problem.   And I will have some handy dandy "before" pics of what the water used to do before the wetland project was incorporated.  

So that is all for the moment.   Tomorrow is Easter and I'm sure Sommers New Life Church will be jammed packed for the service.  I have actually considered attending one of the other churches just to make room for people and avoid the cramped parking.   But...  Sommers is so close.    And convenient!I might be a good idea not to change things too much because I still have things I need to accomplish this weekend.   And every second counts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...