Sunday, March 24, 2024

The Weekend Update!

 There is still snow on the ground!   But other than that,  I did manage to run 6 miles this afternoon.   And I pretty much hid in the basement and folded paper all weekend.   Kind of boring, I know.... But that is what is is like having a hobby that eats up huge blocks of time.  

I'm nearing the end of the origami project.   This is the part where patience and a touch of artistry comes into play.   Most of the technical stuff is over.. so all I have to do is assemble and position without messing things up or introducing an unsightly flaw. And that simply requires a bit of luck and a lot of time...

And this is the "simplified"version!  Imagine having the hours invested in a "long, one piece of paper version!"   I have heard that with the proper paper,  proper skill set, and proper area to fold...
it takes about 30 hours of non-stop folding to complete the traditional version.  ( 12 hours!  if you are one of the origami gods!  But I would have to see this to believe it.)   The best I can manage is three hours a day of non-stop folding before I break down and start making mistakes.   Or rather,  allow sloppy folding to infiltrate my design.  


But who really cares?   No one sees the process and they only see the finished version.  (Unless you blog about it.)

In addition to the running and the folding,  I also managed to complete a couple embroidery projects.   This week, I became "Assembly Certified" in V.A.S.  That means I can now add another achievement badge to my Zebra vest!   It won't be long before I will earn the Eagle Scout title for Zebra...  Collecting all of the badges in all of the warehouse departments.   I still have to make all of the badges for inbound, outbound, inventory, and PIT that I am qualified for.  Then my life dream of being an Advanced Warehouse Associate will become a reality!  And then I can move on to a new challenge....

Kind of a boring post today.   That is what happens when you spend all of your time doing one thing... and not really getting very far on it.  I was thinking of making another cardboard fish for my next project.   Something smaller this time... so it does not take two months to complete.  Maybe a brown trout of a rainbow darter as a bait fish.   We shall see once the Ryujin is complete.  Because these things take time... And Every second counts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...