Sunday, April 7, 2024

The End Of The Race.

 The Lincoln Half Marathon is over.  I did not win.  

Not that I was running to win.  I was running to finish... And to that end, I was successful!  Hurray for me!


I did manage to keep my pace just under a 10 minute mile.   In my defense... There were lots of hills!  But the weather was nice enough and I could have lost a layer of clothing to help with the over heating.   My legs are sore and I'm taking this day off to rest and recover as I wait for the second half of the adventure to begin:   The Eclipse!  

Currently,  it is VERY windy and there was rain and hail earlier.  But the Sun is peaking out at the moment between the cloud cover.  The weather sounds like it will be favorable over Indianapolis tomorrow.  But I will continue to say a little prayer just in case. (It can't hurt... Right?)  

Cheryl on the other hand.  ( That is right,  Cheryl ran this race too....)   Managed to get a good time and a second place age group award.... again!  No big shock there.   She is bummed because she ran a 1:43.30.   Not her personal best, but she has been running 20 miles each weekend to prepare for an upcoming marathon.  She said she was not fully trained.    Ummm ....  Ok.

After our beer and doughnut, we headed out to the Beaver Brewery in Bloomington.   A nice little pub that was cozy and had character.  Since I could not get many pics from the Marathon.( Because I ran it and did not have any spectator photography....)   I decided to take a few of the Beaver Decor.     It was fun! 

And the beer and food were great.  I would highly recommend it for people.    I stopped by the humble gift shop and purchased a couple beer samples for home while Cheryl bought a sweatshirt.  I would have bought a shirt or beer glass too, but for each of these items,  you have to know the context.  Otherwise,  people will look at you strangely.  

And that was pretty much all there was.   Cheryl is currently back home in Iowa and I'm here, alone in the hotel room waiting for tomorrow.  My goal is to get up early and beat the rush for the viewing.   Once I'm in the shadow of the eclipse,  I will find an open area and camp out until the event.   With a little luck, I will be able to have internet access and be able o post about it as it happens.   Then again, I have heard that once it happens,   you forget everything and stare awestruck at the black hole of the sun.  I shall do my best to stay focused.... But if I only get to see it for myself... that will be enough.  


Because "once in a life time" events only happen ...  well,  Once in a Life Time.   You have to be open to change and all possibilities. Because life is short...  And every second counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...