Sunday, March 17, 2024

A Weekend Of "Ethan Time."

 Looks like the Zebra Overtime threat has been postponed for the moment. I happened to have this Saturday all to myself.   No Zebra, No Cheryl.   No racing.    Just me and my paper....

But I did manage to complete a 12.5 mile run. Which I think was a bit of an achievement for me, since I am out of shape and practice.   Oh!  Don't worry... My legs reminded me of this little fact pretty much all day today.   I'm not sure why I am running this distance, other than the fact that I want to be half marathon ready in the coming months.   

I also got to make some progress on the next origami model.   The paper is a little unwieldy, so it take a bit longer to fold.   AND I am attempting to actually make an effort to fold each of the scales instead of leaving them in the basic square shape.  It takes a lot longer, but hopefully the results will be worth the effort.  

I actually brought some of the paper to work and folded on my lunch break!   Kind of fun...  Since I now take my breaks on a different schedule then the people I usually eat lunch with.  Ah well..... can't get everything you want all the time... Right? 

To commemorate  my second week in VAS,   I decided to make some "Merit Badges" for my progress and training.  Who is going to tell me no?  I figure I am almost bullet proof at this point.  ( Almost.....  I'm not going to push things.)  But showing a little comradery with the techno nerds of the cage might win them over and help me integrate.  


Speaking of "nerds"   I have never seen a group of people try to "Out Nerd" each other as several of the VAS people.   They are definitely an odd bunch.  I sometimes look over at Inbound with a sense of Nostalgia.  

By the way,  Last Thursday was Rich's Last day.   He was one of the Clerks and had been there even before I arrived.   I have not mentioned him before but I will now ( Now that he is officially gone.)   Mostly,  I avoid blogging about people because they seem to disappear every time I do!  ( Remember Phil and Patty?)   


So how do I describe Rich?   Well, first off,  he was pretty Gay.   And seemingly very proud of it!  He was also loud and could sometimes be a bit of a jerk.   But he was good at what he did.  ( Like Scott.)  And there were a number of people who were not sad to see him leave.  (Just like Scott.)    Comparing Rich to Scott would probably tick Rich off... But he is off to the frozen tundras of Minnesota!   For his new job.    We wish him the best of luck!  And I'm sure that, although inbound would be hesitant to admit this... he will be missed by a few people.   ( Mostly the receiving clerks!)  

Not much else to say.   I guess a weekend of Peace and Tranquility seems almost foreign these days.  But it was relaxing.   I should also mention that Dave's Crossfit Buddies came over and shared the end of the Bootcamp week they all had to endure.  It was fun... with lots of beer and stories.  Nothing like overcoming extreme physical training to bring a bunch of guys together.  ( See Army Bootcamp!) 

Time to settle in for the night and get ready for Tomorrow.   I have a meeting with the High school at 9:15 AM... So I can actually sleep in a bit.   And since the cold weather is here to stay for the rest of the week.  I may make a token effort to run the minimum.   Because life is short and every second counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...