Friday, February 9, 2024

A Free Friday From The Zebra.

 Today was a good day.   In fact!  This entire week has been pretty good!  One of those weeks that seem to fly by as you wonder where the time goes.   Having an active schedule seems to do that sometimes.   But enough about that....  get to the good stuff!


Tuesday, a group of us from INBOUND volunteered to help the Habitat for Humanity chapter here in Kenosha.   This was the first time I ever volunteered for such a thing, so I was pretty excited about it.   Zebra gave us the day off with pay as one of our "volunteer days".  In addition to the 4 of us from INBOUND,    VAS contributed several people as well as the head honcho!  Marco! ( He is the Manager of the entire Warehouse!)  

 It was fun!   I got to sleep in,   play with explosives and eat pizza!   There were also several assembly projects Dave and I got to do while others were pulled to different houses and tasks.   I would definitely do it again because the site is only 6 miles away and we were able to save drive time and they bought us lunch!   Zebra likes to give back to the community, so
I'm thinking there will be more opportunities in the future.  We shall see. 

I did a quick overview of my PTO and discovered that I have too many hours that will not transfer over after this month.   So... I have to use them.   For this reason,  I scheduled today and Monday off....  Even though I plan on working tomorrow.   ( Overtime! Baby!)   I did not realize that this Sunday is the Superbowl and have been asked to attend a Superbowl watch party on Sunday.   This will make Monday's time off much appreciated.  I really don't care about the game much, but I will watch the commercials and sample the food.   Then again... I really should watch just how much I consume, as the winter months are quickly disappearing.  

Which brings me to the next topic.... Running!    I ran Monday and my legs were very sore and tight from the previous weekend.   I ran today to "Dust off the cobwebs."  so to say.  6.25 miles!   Nothing fast...  but I should probably begin my spring training if I plan on running any major races later on.    And it would not hurt if I lost a few of those Christmas pounds I gained over the holidays.   

I also discovered I need new shoes. ( the running kind.) my shoes currently are past their life expectancy and are slightly worn on the heels.  I also felt a little pain in my arch... so I want to get that taken care of before it becomes a problem.  

And finally,   Last night was fun!   I went out to the Bar with John and Marrion decided to join us.  And although my stories might not have been as entertaining as John's Mighty Mcdonald's Adventures!   I did enjoy hearing other peoples stories as we got to know each other a little better.  The beer and food was good and the Bar was not as crowded as it has been previously.   And best of all.... I had today off!  So I could sleep in if I wanted to.   

I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and painting the fish.   The fish painting was bothering me, so I started over completely.   I would show pics, but what is the point if I get discouraged and start over yet again?  It probably best if I simply show the finished product rather than all of the (Mis-) steps.

So that is all....  Time for bed now as I prepare to help OUTBOUND with their Saturday work day. I'll be there for as long as they will have me... so another 8 hours of overtime I'm expecting.   At least I wont' have to do laundry tomorrow night... or Sunday.   Having a day off that was not planned was rather nice.   I should do that more often.  Because every second counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...