Sunday, January 14, 2024

Timber! The Tree Goes Down

 Today I took down the Christmas Tree.  It was fairly easy and rather uneventful.... But I took pictures just in case I had nothing else to blog about this weekend. 

Timber!  

But actually....   I do have other things to blog about!  

Like the snow!    And the cold!   Yesterday it snowed even more and the temp dropped to below zero.  I did not go outside much, choosing to stay inside near the fire.   Nothing beats staying warm with a warm beverage near the fireplace while the weather rages outside.  ( A bit of an overstatement, but you get the drift...)  I spent the day relaxing and admiring how I had the entire day to myself... No job or overtime this weekend. ( Due to the bad weather.)   I heard from a friend I know  that Iowa got DUMPED on!  Currently,  Iowa City is boasting 20 inches of snow!  ( That is a LOT for Iowa.) and now the cold has settled in there as well.  

As for Kenosha.   The wind was blowing out of the east and off of the lake ( I live only a couple miles from the shore.)  The thick heavy snow that did manage to fall stuck to the driver's side of Subie.... Making my evening Church visit  that much more fun. ( The doors froze shut.)  I'm just thankful that the snowfall was limited to only a few inches in spots.  The roads are still slippery... and there is a Wind Chill advisory at the moment,  but otherwise,  we have had a rather mild winter so far.  

But what does one do when you are stuck inside for most of the day?   Well,  Work on my project fish.   (It is good to have hobbies!)  I made some pretty good progress yesterday and today.   The fins are currently covered and drying.  I even managed to get the "mount" glued in so I can now hang it rather than roll it around on the ironing board.  Sometimes you have to get creative with your work environment.

As for now...  I'm writing this blog and sipping a coffee.   Now that the tree and lights are down, I probably will not find the living room fireplace as enchanting as before.   But...  On a cold day like today, ( And tomorrow...) I may find myself up there again,  warming my tootsies while listening to Frank Sinatra and drinking some warm beverage. It's the simple things that give the greatest pleasures in life.   And you only have so many moments  in life...  So make every second count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...