Sunday, November 26, 2023

The Weekend End...

Not a bad Extended Holiday Weekend!  I got to Run,  Beach Comb, Shop a little, Drink Beer, And relax.  What else could I possibly ask for?  

Today,  I spent some time painting the Fish and folding some Origami.   The fish painting takes so long!   Paint a little.  Let it dry.  Rinse and repeat!  I did not get many shots of the steps,  but this is how far I am currently.   A few more touch-ups and finishing the eye and I will be ready for the final clear coat to seal it all in.  Yeah!   

Projects like these are kind of nice since they take so long to complete.   This way I have a hobby waiting for me whenever I get rained in for a weekend or have nothing better to do but don't want to spend any money.   The down side is that it takes so long, I sometimes leave it incomplete for months!   And end up tossing it because I lose interest!   But as this one nears completion, I am already beginning to think about what my next project will be.   More Origami?   Another cardboard sculpture?   Who knows!  We shall see...

In the mean time, I also spent a little time folding some Origami.   I discovered a use for some of the heavy skid paper we get whenever we get an overseas shipment of printers at the warehouse.  to save space, the printers come on this really thick paper-like material.  It is very difficult to fold, but I experimented with it this weekend to see if I could wet-fold it.  I think it worked out pretty good,  as long as I choose a sculpture that is simple enough to wet-fold.   The Uber-thick material gives it a new level of character.  I wonder what else I could fold with one of the bigger sheets...

And while I was waiting for the paint to dry, the paper to dry, and Dave to cook dinner.... I went ahead and made some regular foil paper for future folding projects.   The Christmas Tissue paper is on sale and I bought a packet for some possible Christmas folding.   Simply having the paper is a major plus when I get the urge to attempt something slightly more complicated. 

And then there is the beginning of the Christmas Season!  Advent starts this week!   And with that came the snow.   Just enough to dust the yard.   

And with the snow came the urge to dig out and set up the Christmas stuff.   We brought up the tree and decorated it, along with a set of lights that wrapped around the living room.  The tree does not support the Christmas Angel very well, so we did what all self respecting DIY guys do:   Duct Tape!  

Or in this case,  Gorilla Tape.   It works!  Red Green and the Mythbusters crew would be proud.

And with not enough Thanksgiving yet, Dave decided to cook a Turkey for us for Sunday Dinner.   Mashed potatoes, Gravy, Cranberries, and Creamed Corn as side dishes!   All whipped up and ready before 3 PM!  He has plans for Turkey soup and Turkey Sandwiches for future meals this week.   Sounds pretty good to me!

And there it is.   A restful Sunday filled with Small Activities.  Oh!  Did I mention I finished the Embroidery Projects I began?   Another shirt for Work and a vest for the colder winter days.  I had plans for embroidering a knit had for my head instead of the baseball cap, but that will have to wait for another day.   I have never worked on that material before so I want to take a few precautions before I risk my only beanie cap. 

Hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving this weekend.  I know I did.  Sometimes it is the little things that make you grateful and happy.   It may be easy to lose sight of that in this world of parties and material things...  But having lost everything multiple times, I think I am able to better see through the fog this world generates for us.  It seems like an Oxymoron, but losing everything was a Blessing from God!  

And I'm confident He will give it all back someday.  At least the stuff I really need.   ( Like Wisdom, kindness, and gratitude....)  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...