Saturday, October 28, 2023

A Fine Fall Day.

That was yesterday.   Today was actually rather cold.   That being said, I did manage to run 6 miles in the chilly weather.   That is kind of a mile stone for me because I have not run that distance since the Marathon!   Sure, I attempted to run a little several days later,  but my legs and knee hurt.  Then two miles a week after that.   And then 4 miles in the 80 degree weather we had just earlier last week!   So... Finally!  6 miles!   Yeah!

Subie... in the Fall Color
What it is like when you run without music...

Not that I felt that much of a celebration.   I actually find running rather boring without my tunes to help me soldier on.   But until I replace my headphones,  I will be forced to run without music or any distraction from the pain and suffering that is running.   I simply have to bear it. ( Bare?   As in bare Nekid?  Or Bear as in "Large Furry Omnivore?")  Either way...  You get the drift.  ( Personally, I like the thought of an angry Bear running on the sidewalk...) 

I have managed to gather a few pics of the fabulous Fall colors.   While exploring  several new areas for Mushrooms,  I happened upon several wildlife sightings along the way.   It gave me an idea about exploring the fishing sport once again at a future time.   Nothing is usually more peaceful than wading through a shallow stream while fly-fishing.  

Ok....  "Nothing"  is just an expression,   There are LOTS of peaceful activities that you can do in the forest that have nothing to do with water or fish.  Like hunting!   

For Mushrooms!  Truth be told,  that is one of the only things that is always in season.   Unless they are not in season...   Which usually means either it is too dry or you are not looking hard enough.   But even knowing where they grow and hitting those places several times a week does not guarantee you a find. In fact,  this week was rather a dud week for me.   I only found a handful of oyster mushrooms and a LOT of Turkey Tail.    ( Too bad I'm brimming in Turkey Tail now.... No need to gather more of that just yet)  

But...  Yesterday,  just before I was going to pack it in,  I found an entire tree with pinning Oyster Mushrooms.   I was able to fill the basket up and save the day.   Other than that,  the leaves are probably hiding any ground mushrooms.   And I simply have not found very many other species.   So....   I'm grateful for the find.  

As for today,  I continued working on the cardboard fish.   And I managed to fold a Pegasus from one of the sheets of hand made paper.   That little sculpture will require a coat of Modge Podge to keep it intact, I'm afraid.   But it was fun to dust off the folding skills for something a little more complicated. 

Tomorrow is the Big Reformation Service at one of the larger churches.  And after that,  November will be right around the corner.   November is the National Novel Writing Month.   I have done this before and was successful!   And have attempted it several times afterwards and did not complete it in the given time frame.  However,   I did manage to complete a second novel.   I have had a third story in my mind for several years now and simply have lacked the motivation to complete it.   I should try to get off my butt and actually try to rough it out this time.   And with November so close,  And with the Universe sending me LOTS of signs,  perhaps this is the year I can make it happen.   Fingers crossed that I keep myself to that goal.    

Because I think I like telling stories.   And I like writing.   And sometimes people tell me I'm a good writing.  (Really?  Or perhaps they are just being nice....)   Well, at least those who I can coax into reading my blog.    And the NaNoWriMo helps you stay on track and gives you something to aim at.  Call it a "Pacer" for the race of writing 50,000 words in 30 days.  And who does not like running a race?   ( Um... Everybody?) Well,  Life is short!  And sometimes you need a fire under your butt to get you to do things.   And 30 days is not a long time.   So every second counts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...