Sunday, August 18, 2024

And The Mushrooms Continue.

 A quick post on the weekend finds.   It seems the weekend has passed far too quickly for my liking.    But I did manage to find a few mushrooms and make some progress on the painting of the fish.  Also, it was a fine rest time before the storm of the school year begins.   

But for now:  Pictures!  

I was just commenting on how I had not found any Jack-O=Lanterns this year, when I finally found a wonderful, brightly colored cluster around the base of a tree. 

I also found a Panther Amanita and an Old Man Of The Woods!   

I have yet to try one of these Black Boletes..... I heard they are so-so, at best, but easy to identify and so many people simply toss them in the basket and mix them in to the medley.  Unfortunately,  the slugs got to this one before me and had completely consumed the interior.  

Golden Corals!

And then there were the Chanterelles.   Apparently, they are not finished just yet.   I found a nice bag full along with some Tiny Chanterelles. ( A different species.) We ate most of them over pork steak and potatoes this evening.  

Tomorrow will be my last free day before the school year begins.  Classes officially begin next Monday, but this week, we have the student sets meeting.   I have no idea what I am in for, but I will simply have to survive and maintain a state of readiness for the future.   Time passes so quickly... and Every Second Counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...