Thursday, August 15, 2024

A Day At The Kenosha County Fair

 I volunteered for a vendor spot at the Kenosha fair yesterday.   Seems Shoreland has a permanent booth there to help raise funds for the athletic programs.  Similar to the food stand that is open at the football games during the school year.    The prices are very affordable and they have a clean dry place to enjoy your meal with your family as you walk around the fair.   A good time.  

I was the grill master.   After a 2 minute block of instruction, I was in charge of the steaks, hamburgers and hotdogs.   It was a pretty sweet gig.  I volunteered for the 10 to 4 shift so I could enjoy a bit of the fair after I was done.   And besides,  The second shift ended at 10 PM.   And that is past my bed time.  

By and large, the day progressed with hardly any drama.   I guess the real rush happens on the weekend.    But during the middle of the day,  the crowds were fairly manageable and there were happy and able bodies there to handle every situations.   

As a volunteer,  We were able to get into the fair for free and eat all the food we wanted. ( quality control, he said)  so by the time my shift ended, I was not tempted at all by the high calorie, high fat, really-bad-for-you fair food.  I hope that was a bonus.  


I walked around a bit when I was finished with my obligation.   It had been a while since my last fair, and I was curious how this one was different from the Iowa State fair.  .

Needless to say, there were many pictures taken.   Lots of educational and photo art photos.... But after a bit of review, I decided that many of them can not be in the blog.   I did enjoy the chicken pictures.   Mostly because I see all the fly tying possibilities of owning chickens.   And some of the roosters had the cutest crow you ever heard.   

The turkeys were all puffed up and ready to strut,  making a fun time trying to take their pics.  

Overall,  I am very happy I did it.   It was an easy way to get into the fair and eat free food without paying for anything.  And all I had to do was flip a few burgers for a couple hours.   Easy!  

Next week the school year begins with the groups meeting as they prep for the school year.   Call it the "pre, school  year"  Where we inform the kids and teachers and parents on what is expected of them while they attend.   I will be learning as much as the kids, since this is my first year and I have yet to experience things as they should happen.   Good times!   I can hardly wait.  

It is late.. and I just discovered a couple new things for the smart board that I will have to experiment with tomorrow   Everyday is a new learning adventure!  And every second counts....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...