Saturday, June 8, 2024

Cheryl's Birthday.


 Cheryl came to Kenosha to celebrate her Birthday this weekend.  How fun!   She actually came up Wednesday afternoon and we linked up that evening.   She chose a Hotel in Racine near the water so we could do endless beach combing over the next several days.   How fun!

 In addition to spending several hours on the beach,   we also have been sampling the local culture of Kenosha, Racine, and Milwaukee.   For example:   We had breakfast at Frank's Diner.   This place has been around for nearly 100 years!   And it was a fun place to visit.  The food was good,  prices fair, and the atmosphere was awesome. Very similar to a Waffle House!   With my cup of coffee never reaching less than half full before a waitress came to fill it back up.   Service that used to be standard at every cafe, restaurant or diner back in the day.   What ever happened to those days?  

We visited several beaches in Kenosha on Thursday and I found a number of rocks that I may paint up and leave in the park some day in the future.   Other people arrange them in patterns and mosaics in the sand.   Our main target for each visit was beach glass.  And we managed to find a pretty good stash along the way.   

We also dropped in to the Clubhouse for "Thirsty Thursday" and visited with John, Vicki, and Brie for a bit.   It was a peaceful and fun end for the day.  (Bummer I didn't get a pic of the three of us before we left.)  

 Ah well.   Pictures have been a rather rare thing for me as of late.   I simply forget to take them!   Either I'm knee deep in the water or I'm driving the new Subie. ( Currently un-named...) Either way,  I just don't have the forethought to snap one.    A huge change from the days of the Midnight Carver.  

Other than a trip to one of the Racine Bakeries,  we have been mostly searching the surf for bits and pieces of glass,  interesting chunks of granite,  and any other bits of junk that catches our eye.   Perhaps one of the more "interesting" finds was the Happy Birthday wrist band Cheryl found.   She did not even notice the "Happy Birthday" on the band until I pointed it out to her.  

 With only one day left to enjoy,   Cheryl is currently at a Jewelry making class in Racine at the Art Museum.  She will be back in about two hours... and then we will probably head back out to the beach one last time.   


The great take away for ME from this is that Zebra is starting its end of quarter Marathon at the warehouse.   Meaning:  Extended hours during the week with Saturdays being mandatory.   And no PTO for anyone until July.   That being said,   these five days have been a welcome ledge to cling to and recover before heading into the rest of June.  And June will be the last full month I have until I move on to the New Pastures of Shoreland Lutheran High school and the Lutheran Ministry in general. A moment of rest and hopefully...  Focus.   On the real important things I have coming up in my future.   And I'm thankful to Cheryl for inviting me along for the ride. 

Because time is always short.   And every second counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...