Saturday, March 2, 2024

The Parking Wars At Zebra

 Over the last few weeks, I have been privileged to witness the ongoing drama that is early morning parking at Zebra technologies. With the influx of new employees,  our normal parking lot has now become crowded.   And all of the familiar "territories" or parking spots are now up for grabs for whoever arrives earliest.  This has led to a number of "entertaining" squabbles among the seasoned veterans who have staked out their claim and now find their claim being claimed by squatters!  Fun and hilarity ensues...

Well,  fun for me.   I am one of the few folks who arrive insanely early because I have a phobia against being late.  So... while sitting in my warm Subaru...   I get to watch Oscar take Jason's spot.  Some  new guy take Allison's spot..  Or Paul's.   And finally....  Veronica has been taking Marion's spot near he median.  Hat's off to Marion,  who has been arriving earlier and earlier to make sure she gets there ahead of Veronica.   IN fact,  the other day  she barely beat her by one car length!   Good times! 

The thing is... I don't think Veronica even thinks about it.   She just parks where ever she can.  And if the median spot is available,  she takes it.   Sometimes she even parks in my spot!  ( I'm not as possessive as some people....  but I understand the mindset.)  
For Paul,  there is no argument.   He arrives late and his spot is close to the door.   First come,  first serve!   You snooze, Paul...  prepare to park one slot over. 

But Marion arrives plenty early.   So I can empathize when she loses her spot by a few minutes due to traffic or weather. I'm sure the issue will only become worse as more and more new employees arrive through out the year.   but as long as I continue to arrive earlier than everyone else,  I think my spot is safe.  

Other than that,   I worked on some Origami this weekend.   The Oriental Dragon "Shilong" has been quite a handful.   I bought more paper so I can finish him now.. but today I spent three hours on the tail alone! And I did not even finish the scales! 

The foil paper does not work well for the scale folding, so I may just leave it as it is for the main body sections.  The idea is that it looks like an elegant folded piece of art instead of a crumpled piece of paper. 

But while taking a break from the dragon,  I wet folded a bird out of  one of those slip sheets that I acquired from the Warehouse.  The paper is VERY thick and it took several hours just for the water to penetrate the thick layers.   At one point, I thought it was going to be a lost cause... but eventually it turned out.   I will bring it to work on Monday.   Mostly because I get odd looks when I bring these huge sheets home.   People wonder what I do with them...  This will provide a visual answer. 

Not much else going on here in Kenosha.   Dave's son's car was broken into a few days ago and the would-be thieves broke the rear window, but did not steal the car.   (This is Milwaukee... no Kenosha.) So I offered to repair the window when the replacement glass arrived.  It arrived tonight!   So I will have something to do tomorrow.  I already have the door disassembled, so it hopefully will not take too long.   And if I have the forethought,  I might be able to take pics of the process and blog about it!   Wouldn't that be fun! We shall see if I have the time.  Because every second counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...