Sunday, January 7, 2024

To Blog About A Fish.

With very little else happening this week,  I did manage to take a few pics of the latest Fish Project.   And luckily,,,,, I have at least one thing to blog about for the week.  

This week has been rather uneventful!   The only laundry I had was work clothes!  Meaning: My week consisted of getting up, going to work, and then coming home to sleep!   Not very exciting... and hardly blog worthy.   ( In fact, I just posted everything there was to say about it.... so there!)  But boring moments are filled with project progress, if you are fortunate enough to have a project...   Which I do!

The latest fish!  Something from the Centrarchidae family.  Also known as the sunfish family,  Bluegill, or Bream!   There are many species, and I have not fully committed to one just yet.  (Probably not going to be a green sunfish, though...) That final decision will be made when the painting starts. 

I actually made a lot of progress this week!   ONe of the perks with having a couple hours each night and nothing else going on.   Did I mention it has snowed here in Kenosha?   Cold and snow are not great for outdoor walks in the park.  ( Unless you ski or snowshoe...)   So indoor activities are all the rage!

Normally a project like this is excruciatingly slow.   I have to do a small section and wait for it to dry.   Then,  24 hours later,  I have to do the next section.   Having the ability to work on it consistently, with no other distractions eating up the time,  really helps it move along.  

I finally added the fins today.   Only the Dorsal and Anal fins so far.   But those might take a few days all by themselves. And they will add to the challenge of trying to get it to lay flat and work on it without destroying the spines.   Already I bopped myself in the nose with the brute as I wrestled it into position.  I didn't see stars, but it did thump my nose pretty good.... enough for a good stunning. 

So that is all.   I worked Saturday for some reason.   Mostly because I had very little else to do.  ( Other than the fish) I can only work on the fish project for 30 minutes to an hour each day, so that is not a huge commitment for a weekend.  The rest of the time is spent watching the paper dry.   Loads of fun there.  But...  I seem to like doing it. 

I think my next project will be to begin work on my fly rod.   I will have to purchase the materials and then form a plan to begin the assembly process.   I'm kind of excited about that since it has been over 40 years since I have tied up my own fishing pole.  There is something very satisfying about creating your own work of art and then using that item to create memories for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...