Thursday, December 14, 2023

The Making Of The Rømmegrøt

A quick post about my latest solo baking experience. Rømmegrøt!   A Norwegian Baked Porridge.  Or something like that.   I'm sure the American Version is more of a Pastry and less of a Porridge.  Either way, I made it tonight because I am lacking faith in my Macarons hit value.   

I finished the Macarons, by the way.... But they are more like a shortbread sandwich cookie and less like the light and crispy French  delight that people pay $$$ for.   Ah well.  Perhaps doing it solo was not the best Idea.   Or,  I was not planning on the re-learning curve.   Either way,  Humiliation requires and audience, and I'm now thankful that I did it all by myself.  (Though it would have been fun sharing the experience....) 

Anyway!   The  Rømmegrøt!  Super easy!  Some crescent rolls,  Cream Cheese, Sugar and vanilla.   Add a little cinnamon to the top.   Bake for 25 minutes!   BOOM!  Done! 

And that is what I did.   I made that and worked on the Butter cream filling for the "Macarons" that are really shortbread cookies.    And just to make a note of it:  I think that Recipe's measurements were WAY off!   Not only were the Macaron batter thick and lacked that familiar consistence... But also,  I made WAY too much butter creme.   I'm sure I could have cut the recipe in half and I would have had plenty for another batch of cookies.    And I did no skimp on the filling!  

Ah well.   That is why you have to make "practice batches" to get a feel for the recipe.  And the portion controls.    In the mean time,   I think the Rømmegrøt looks pretty good and will help take the pressure off the Macarons.   Tomorrow is the big Bake party for the Inbound crew.   And ironically, I have been bound to outbound all week, helping them get caught up for the end of Quarter rush.  I'm hoping a few other people at least bring some type of baked good to share so I'm not the focus of "Who baked this???" question.   I just wanted to get in the festive Holiday spirit!  Give me a break.  

Well, it is late again.  And I have been staying later and later at work as the Overtime is offered up to those of us with no outside activities or Families.    I guess I will take the money and smile.  Especially when time is money... And every second counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...