Tuesday, October 3, 2023

About Monday!

 Seems I keep posting about the day before.   Ah well... I should be happy I have things to write about!   

Yesterday was recovery day from the Marathon.  I did very little other than stretch out my stiffness and slowly do a few morning exercises.  My "have to"  things were to pick up the Subie from the mechanic.  I could have picked him up on Saturday, but I did not get his message until after they were closed.  And by then I was in Milwaukee at the Expo. Bad timing all around.

The story about the Subaru....  I purchased a steering rack last week so he could install it and Subie would be ready for Race weekend.   But....  The part was defective and the entire situation blew up on me.   Instead of saving money and getting him fixed in a timely manner... it ended up costing MORE and it took all week before I got him back.   To add injury to insult,  the steering seems stiffer than before and the Alignment STILL is not 100%!  A waste of time and resources for a steering rack that seems worse!   What was I thinking?  

At this point,  I deem Subie as "Unfixable"..  I simply can't invest any more money  since the results are no longer an improvement.  Rather... they end up worse!  I should have left the old steering rack in there and accepted the cost of new tires every year.   I think that is the lesson here. 

But with Subie back,   I went out for a nature walk.   I did not find my target mushrooms:  Hen of the woods..  Rather, I found LOTS of the Aborted Entaloma.  ( Shrimp of the woods.) Enough to fill a basket. I even tossed in a couple of the regular Entalomas in there.  

When I got home,  Dave suggested we head out to the lake one last time before he had to return the Kayaks.   I managed to catch 14 large bluegills and had a ball doing it.   I was using a ice fishing jig and 1.5 lbs test.   When I finally got the Combo right,  it was steady action... and FUN!

I cleaned them up and Dave fried half of them up tonight for dinner.   Bluegill is always tasty. 

And finally,   as the daylight was ending,  I washed up the Kayaks so they could be returned.   It seems fitting since I made mine the most messy because I put my fish inside  the bow.  I managed to capture a before and after photo to show what a little scrubbing a lots of car wash soap can do...

And that is all!   I started a new project tonight and I'm sure it will take several weeks to complete.   Now that Money is back as a "limited and valued resource,"  I shall be using my time  in the most frugal of ways.   Meaning:   Time to stay home and try to do the free hobby activities that limit my spending.  Origami, Model building, nature walks, and mushroom hunting.  I will occasionally toss in a physical activity as well..  Maybe after Post Marathon Weekend is officially over.  After all... Time is the most valuable thing I have.   And every second counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...