Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Not Enough Time....

 For whatever reason lately.. I seem to be short of time.   Time to finish projects, time to run, time to do much of anything!  It is becoming an issue as I have several projects that are currently in a suspended state simply because I do not have the time to complete any of them fully.    Or, at the very least, give them the time that is due for a decent job.   ( One I am proud of...)  

It also does not help that I have been working Saturdays lately, and therefore, my weekends have been cut in half.   

I know, I could work after work... But honestly, I am so tired afterwards that I barely have enough time to run or do any errands that I have to do.  Inevitably,  I end up putting one or all of my projects on hold for "tomorrow".   But that is getting a little irritating for me, as I hate leaving things unfinished.  

Even blogging has suffered!  I have not really had any time or any "events" that are blog worthy lately because I have either been working or trying to recover from work or running.   Did I mention I have not been able to hunt for Mushrooms!

Well,  today I made some time for that.  I found Turkey Tail while out of a run and decided to go harvest it.  By the time I got home and processed it,  it was already 7:00 P.M.!  So much for for those other projects!  I barely finished my Embroidery job this evening for Jodi.

One of my projects I started a week ago was a painted birdhouse for Helen.  ( The Awesome Apple Pie lady.)   Painting a bird house...How hard can it be?   Well,  Waiting for paint to dry is terribly frustrating!  And always seems to take longer than you think.  IF you walk away from it.. waiting for the paint to dry... you will "forget" about it.   And then when you realize it has been over a week since you set it aside for the paint to dry,  you discover that the paint DID dry... and did not cover certain areas properly.  That is... you discover the flaws.  But now you don't have time to fix things...

And then there is the fish..   I  "Thought"  I was nearly finished with the paint job after I added the spots.  But that only made me  rethink the paint job entirely and repaint the body.  I don't now why, but it just does not seem right.

And that experience has made me second guess the Birdhouse paint job as well.   Namely,  Helen likes Sunflowers.    And I was going for a Fly Agaric Mushroom.  ( Very popular paint design.) So now I face the Idea of repainting the bird house as well.   

The only time I will have for this is this Sunday.   And that is going to have to share my "long run time" and laundry and all the othere things.   not to mention the possibility for a blog post.   As it is, I am staying up past my bed time to write this little rant.   

Ah well....  Breath Deep...  Let it out...  And try to put things into perspective.  The world will not end if none of these things are finished.   And I will not physically die if I fail.   But writing down my thoughts sometimes helps me make a list and hatch a plan for the future.  And it also helps calm my pressing nerves..... Which is not a bad thing.   And being aware of how your time is used and how precious it is is ultimately a path to enlightenment.... I think....  Because every second counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...