Saturday, July 15, 2023

A Saturday Of Disractions And Focus!

Last one in the Parking lot!

Friday was a typical day at the Warehouse until the end... When Subie refused to start. 

You know that moment... when you think "This could be it...  This could be Subie's last moment....  He might never start again and I will be forced to find another Subaru!"   Basically... Panic!  Well,  that almost happened to me on Friday.   It happened with Misty Dawn...  And that was a sad day.  ( Thankfully,  we had Old Blue to fall back on... But I digress...)  

As luck would have it, Allison and John,  Two co-workers who tend to leave the parking lot around the same time I do everyday,  stopped and offered help.   (We tend to leave the parking lot last, so the crazy people are all safely out of there...  No accidents!)  Most of the help they offered was Moral support and at the very least, allowed me to keep my cool and focus.   (That was HUGE!)   

Cam Sensor code P0340
After consulting the code reader,  I found out the cam Sensor was failing.   Nothing I could do there except hitch a ride home and plan my  next move  John was gracious enough to offer me a ride and all three of us exchanged phone numbers in case things went south on Monday. (Luckily, I have Dave's truck to fall back on in an emergency.) 

At home, I investigated the code.   Then I watch a video... Turns out,  it is pretty easy fix!  Just two 10mm bolts.   I hedged my bets by contacting the mechanic I have been using here in Wisconsin.  He offered to see it on Monday,  so I was at the very least able to secure a tow and a repair if I had to.  But being a DIY guy,  I simply could not leave the thought alone. 

There were moments I wanted to just leave the professional to handle it,  but the more and more I thought about it,   I figured I might as well see how far I could take it on my own.  If all else fails, I  can still leave it for Jose' to fix it as normal.  

Cam Sensor location!  2 bolts!
Looks kinda Dirty.

Long story short, (or at least before it gets too long.)  I repaired it!  Subie started up on the first go!  The part was at Autozone and other than a couple trips to the Zebra Warehouse,  I was hardly inconvenienced!  It was as if it never happened!   Or as John always says:  "Not that big a deal!"  ( His catch-phrase.)  

The only problem now is being able to drive Subie home.  I can't leave Dave's truck in the Zebra Parking lot....  And I can't drive two vehicles at the same time. ( unless I drive 100 yards, get out,  swap vehicles, and leapfrog  the 15 miles to Sommers.   Kinda sounds like a Benny Hill skit.) 

So Subie is fixed!  Hooray!   

Cardboard fish in progress

And other than the usual Saturday things. ( Grocery Shopping, laundry, Evening Church, Working out/running.)  I was able to work on the Cardboard Fish.   I have been chipping away at it for the better part of a week now.  A little bit added every day.  Today I put the first layer of skin and began working on the head.  It might be a little fatter than a typical Salmon,  and I toyed with the thought of making it a carp,  but I think I can still make it work out the way I want it to go.   We shall see.

And lastly,   Cheryl signed the papers accepting the uncontested divorce.  I shall now investigate the next step to see what is left to do.   There is a mandatory 90 days before things are finalized,  I will continue to hold my breath that this electronic, uncontested, no children or assets, thing is as simple and easy as it claims to be.  

And when I read her Email,  it was like getting hit in the chest with a hammer.  

But this is the only way.  I wish it were not  true, my heart and mind tell me otherwise. 

So.. contrary to what you might think,  I actually welcomed the opportunity to get Subie back on his feet!  Er...I mean,  Wheels!  It prevented me from dwelling on the things I can not control  for at least another day.   And that is a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Week Down!

 I think this is week 4!  And I'm still here....   Hooray!  God continues to bless me.  And I am grateful for his presents.   I will adm...